“But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise.” 1 Corinthians 1:27
January is a time to look forward and back, and here are some of the highlights from the last year:
- Some of our teenagers are growing older and leading small groups with the children on Sunday and doing superb! They do an infinitely better job than I and truly love the children like family.
- We added an additional Kid’s Club this last summer and had combined record turnout at our four locations!
- The Church building is almost done and hundreds of people volunteered to get it finished! It was amazing to see so many people from so many different Churches contribute to a Church for White Swan.
- We had some great special events for the kids last year: A Sledding Day and two Art Days, all of which were hugely successful and beloved by the children.
- We’ve had forty-one people sign up to sponsor our children. Not all have come through with their pledge yet, but many have and are committed to and praying for children here in White Swan!
- The eighth and ninth graders stepped up in a huge way this summer! They did a great job working at the Church building and I was so proud of them at Kid’s Club. These guys who grew up coming to Kid’s Club are now playing with the little ones and loving them like Christ.
- The Lord continues to use small things build His kingdom! It’s mind boggling to see how God uses sidewalk chalk, jump rope, bubbles, food, hanging out, playing games, broken and fearful leaders, and simple Bible stories to build faith and followers of Christ. I don’t’ understand how we have so many people eager to be part of the Church, but it’s all due to Christ and His mercy.
Things I’m looking forward to in 2014:
- We’re going to actually be in our own Church building (hopefully in March)! It’s really exciting to think of all the new ministry opportunities and chances to share Christ. Here are few:
- We’ll have more time with the kids on Sunday.
- We won’t have to cancel Church because facilities are double booked.
- More special events at the building.
- A larger after school program (and an after school program for the youth)
- And a summer day camp (it’s coming, if not this year, then next)
- I’m wrapping up the licensure process. I’m taking the second test next week, and shooting for the third and final written test by the end of February. My goal is to go to the next Presbytery meeting in May and be approved.
- I’m excited to see what God’s going to do with the Youth Discipleship Groups as we have 10-15 youth ready to add into new Groups!
- More children coming on Sunday as Jesse Dempsen gets his CDL and drives a bus, expanding our outreach!
There’s a lot of great things happening right now and it’s due in large part to your faithful giving and prayers. Thanks from the bottom of my heart and may God richly reward you this year!