Wednesday, March 4, 2009

First Post

I found out yesterday the Granberrys picked me to be an intern with Sacred Road this summer. I'm very excited but also kind of scared because I've never done anything like this before. I think this is a great opportunity to share Christ's love in Word and Deed. I'm graduating on May 15th and flying to Washington on May 20th.

What's Sacred Road?
Excellent Question and here are a few links to help explain:
Sacred Road Ministries' Website
Sacred Road Ministries' blog
My Church Denomination's info on Sacred Road
Now - if you want to take a shortcut and just read my explanation here goes: Sacred Road Ministries is a Church Mission of the Presbyterian Church in America that seeks to minister to the Yakama People through mercy ministries.

What I'll be doing:
I don't know yet. Basically, I'll serve as a summer intern with Sacred Road and do whatever I'm told. Now there is more to it than that of course, but I really don't know yet - I could be cooking, painting, building, roofing, digging, cleaning up, and/or leading Backyard Bible Clubs for kids. From what I understand, it's an intense 10 week summer internship during which churches send short term teams every other week and the interns "lead" the groups.

Now, what is the purpose of this blog?? Well, I intend to use it as a communication tool. I plan to post news, pictures, maybe some video clips, and sometimes my reflections. As part of this summer internship, I have to raise some money and this is an excellent medium for my supporters to follow what's happening.

So, that's basically all there is to it. I'll let ya'll know more as I know more. Feel free to email me if you have any questions or input.

No comments: