Saturday, July 11, 2009

Camp High Rock News

Camp High Rock went very well. I'm tired, but very excited about how everything went. The kids had tons of fun, made friends, and wrestled with spiritual things. My last post was about a boy who started a fire and one of the best experiences of camp was with him.

His name is Brandon and he is 11, not 10. He was in my cabin and spent a lot of time hanging out with me and another Sacred Road Intern, Mark. Throughout the week, he was on his best behavior which is a huge blessing because he tends to act up and cause problems. I was blown over simply by how helpful, friendly, and talkative he was. The biggest thing was that he prayed for the very first time (publicly) in his life on Tuesday, and on Thursday he and another boy in the cabin wanted to pray to ask Jesus into their hearts. The other counselor and I were blown away because of everything with him and the other boy. Camp was an amazing experience and it really blew me away - what blew me away the most is that I went in to camp with a lot of fear and doubts, especially regarding Brandon. I thought all he would do is cause trouble and strife for me, but God did an amazing work with him and chastised me for doubting God's willingness/ability to help Brandon. I was really blown away, and am in prayer for him and the other boy that their spiritual growth would continue and their decision to follow Christ would be genuine and lasting. I was also able to interact with lots of other kids and build relationships and friendships with them. Please pray for Brandon and his sisters Takoda and Alexa, his brother Tony, and his mother Buffy. That whole family is in need of lots of prayer. I'm also happy that Sacred Road is here with a permanent presence to work with that family, encouraging and helping them.

Thanks for your prayers for this past week and please pray for this next team week - a lot of the team is tired (physically, emotionally, spiritually, etc.) and we get a new team in tonight. Please pray especially for Scott and Mark (two interns) and their team as they're working on a house next to the longhouse and pow-wow grounds and there is a lot spiritual warfare/activity around that area. Thanks again for your prayers - we need them lots.

3 comments:

natalie said...

Praying, praying, and more praying. As I've spent time catching up on my blog reading, I'm convicted (more than normal) of how incredibly broken we are in this world. I'm praying that the Holy Spirit will just ignite a passionate fire in the Lord's people this week and WAKE US UP.

In Him,
Natalie

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you every night and this family remains on our heart. All things are possible as you know. I am so very proud of you.
Love Mow-sa, Bear and So-oh

Anonymous said...

LOve you Joshua. I'm proud of you and how your heart is to help these kids. You will remember this summer your whole life long. Hope you are staying well. Can't wait to see you maybe this fall? I still want to help out monetarily but it will have to be after our trip to BC to see Jesse's new baby girl.
Love, Donner