Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Lord's Supper (Take 2)


We had the Lord’s Supper again this week, and most of our kids come without parents, so each small group leader talks to their kids about what it means and kind of gauges whether or not the kids are ready.  I talked to a group of three boys, explained what it is and means, and who should and shouldn’t take it.  I said, “Not everyone here is a Christian and they shouldn’t take it, and if you’re not a Christian, that’s ok, but you shouldn’t take it.  I want everyone to be Christians, and I think one day they may be, but that’s ok if you don’t believe yet.”  The guys kind of looked at me and said, “I’m going to take it.  God made us right?” I said, “Yes, but…” They quickly cut off my thought and said, “If He made us, then He loves us and we should love Him and worship Him.” Again, I said, “Yes, but…” I then thought for a second, and realized they were right and to them it was simple, straightforward, and obvious.  They might not be able to articulate lots, but they understand that God made us, He loves us, He sent Jesus for us, and we should follow and love Him in return.  It doesn’t get much better than that.

No comments: