Thursday, April 16, 2009

Good Search

I wanted to let ya'll know about a new website I just found out about. Goodsearch is a website that donates 50% of its ad revenue to a charity, and it lets you choose the charity you want to receive the money. It doesn't have as many returns as Google does, but it uses the Yahoo search engine and is pretty good (I never thought I could use 80 thousand webpages anyway). Sacred Road Ministries is one of the charities you can designate to receive money every time you do a search - every search gives $ 0.01 to a designated charity. So far, Sacred Road has had $2.01 donated because of searches.

I really like that you can give money to charity and let your web searching do some good instead of fattening the pockets of the Google people - they seem to be pretty good folks and run a good business, but I'd rather that ad revenue go to a good cause. I can also use goodsearch to justify my wanderings on the internet, b/c now I'm not just wasting time, but raising money for charity! :)

Check goodsearch out - you can even make it your default search engine for your search browser. Seriously, check it out - just click the blue underlined text.

No comments: